Luau Themed Cake - Ideas?

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 14 Aug 2010 , 2:19pm by Reganlynn

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I am making the cake for a luau themed birthday party for 5 year old triplets. 2 boys, 1 girl. I am using the 3 tier and more cake stand from wilton. 1 cake is a doll cake decorated to look like a hula girl, another cake is going to have a palm tree, sand, and 3 surf boards with each child's name on each. I am stuck on an idea for the 3rd cake. Anyone have any ideas to go with this theme, it can't be too girly since the 1st cake is for the girl and the other two should a little more boyish for the boys. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

5 replies
KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 6

I'm doing a carved hula girl cake for a bday--probably too girly for your purposes.

The smash cake is going to be beach hut. Mine will obviously be tiny but you could upsize to whatever you need.

What about a tiki? Tall narrow (3-6in cakes stacked) Wrapped & decorated in fondant or BC w/fondant features.

HTH
Kristy

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:26am
post #3 of 6

How about waves made out of fondant?

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:49am
post #4 of 6

Maybe on cake 2 cut bite marks out on 1 of the surf boards then on cake 3 do some waves with shark fins sticking out and fish swimming around or just shells on the sides. It would tie in with the other cakes theme and get some laughs.

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:54am
post #5 of 6

I was thinking a tiki head too, or pineapple?

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the great ideas!! I love the idea of the tiki head and pineapples, perfect!! Thanks so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%