Edible Images And Glace

Baking By cookielicious Updated 14 Aug 2010 , 8:07pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

cookielicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookielicious Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 2:29am
post #1 of 3

I use a glace for all of my cookies. I want to try using edible images on my cookies, but I don't want to use royal icing or fondant under the images... Has anyone had success with using glace? My recipe has Karo syrup in it.

2 replies
verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 11:59am
post #2 of 3

I use glace all the time icon_smile.gif

Ice your cookie, let dry a good 18 hours, apply the image (i use vodka or tequila to brush the dry glace).. then let it dry at least 12 to 18 hours before packaging..
For the timing, you'll see with the experience how much you need.. it 's depend on humidity, etc..

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 3

verono, I'm curious, when you let them set up for the 18 hour spans of time, do you just leave them out? Do you refrigerate them?

I'm making cookies as favors for a party and I wanted to try to do them in advance (maybe just do the cookies and then freeze them for two weeks), as I'm also making the cake. I was going to cover these sugar cookies in fondant and 2/3 of them are going to get an edible image while 1/3 of them are going to be written upon (names and date). I'm just trying to figure out how to do this after I defrost the cookies. Should I reheat them in the oven to apply my fondant or should I just adhere the fondant with piping gel for the ones with the writing? The ones that are getting the edible image, I'll probably just use glace upon.

Opinions on this are welcomed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%