Can Someone Post Bake Times For The Wasc Recipe?

Baking By julesh268 Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 4:52pm by julesh268

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 5

I am having problems and I think it is because it seems like it takes sooo long for my cakes to bake. Can someone post one or more bake times for this recipe? Any size will help me figure out the bake time for the rest.

4 replies
kidfaces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidfaces Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 5

I just made this cake for the first time last weekend and it came out perfect! I used 2 9X2 rounds (Wilton brand) both on the center rack at 325 for 40 minutes. It tastes great, maybe a LITTLE too much almond, next time I'll back off the almond and do more vanilla I think. It is a nice dense cake great for stacking...definitely a "wedding" style cake, I wouldn't make it for a child's birthday cake. Oh and by the way I am a complete noob when it comes to baking so take what I say with that in mind! icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 5

For me, bake times seem to vary. Even two cakes the same size in different brand pans may cook different times...for example, I always make two 10" rounds, both in 3" deep pans, with the WASC recipe. One of my pans is Wilton and the other is Magic Line. I use a flower nail in the center of each. The Wilton pan cooks ten minutes faster than the magic line.

The best way to do it is to start checking the pans after a certain amount of time. Make a chart for yourself of baking times for the different sizes as you figure them out, but still always test the cake to be sure it's done.

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 5

FWIW, I agree with Texas Rose. I did the 13" (I think) oval last night and it took about 50 minutes at 325. I didn't use a nail or strips though. I also check at 30 minutes unless the pan is much bigger, then 45 minutes or so. HTH.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 5

Well, I will try this recipe ONE MORE TIME! I could just SCREAM! icon_mad.gif I am so sick of the cake not turning out! I tracked my baking time for my 10" last night and it tested done at 45 min. Well, 10 min after sitting out it sunk in the middle and this morning the top is soggy and disgusting. Maybe I will do a single batch so I can quit throwing ingredients in the garbage. The cupcakes are great! Too bad I can't get a single cake to work!!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

I understand that one cake make take longer and there is a difference between pans, but honestly it would have been such a huge help if someone posted bake times with this recipe since it is at a lower temp and has so much liquid in it. Unless, they like to see people suffer and fail!

Man did I need that vent! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%