Indydebi's Bc...can I Use A Different Form Of Dream Whip?

Baking By julesh268 Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 11:38pm by mamawrobin

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 4:54am
post #1 of 8

I couldn't find "Dream Whip" at my local store, but they had other forms of stable. I am going to make a batch for the first time, but don't want to waste the ps if the stable I purchased wont work. Thoughts?

7 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 5:25am
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesh268

I couldn't find "Dream Whip" at my local store, but they had other forms of stable. I am going to make a batch for the first time, but don't want to waste the ps if the stable I purchased wont work. Thoughts?

I've used other brands of powdered whipped topping..like Kroger brand for instance. Dream Whip is the best though. Have you checked Wal-Mart? That's where I buy mine. It's on the shelf above the jello. thumbs_up.gif

What did you buy? A prepared whipped topping isn't going to work.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 8

No, I didn't buy a prepared whipped topping...actually I don't think I ever have in my whole life. But, I bought "Whip It" at Woodmans. It is a whip cream stablizer, the same as Dream Whip, but a different brand. I am guessing it will work just fine. Well, I shall report back in a few hours after I make my first batch!

mamawrobin Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesh268

No, I didn't buy a prepared whipped topping...actually I don't think I ever have in my whole life. But, I bought "Whip It" at Woodmans. It is a whip cream stablizer, the same as Dream Whip, but a different brand. I am guessing it will work just fine. Well, I shall report back in a few hours after I make my first batch!

Yeah...it should work fine. I have used Kroger's brand of powdered whipped topping and it worked just the same.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 8

Ditto....used the Kroger brand last week and it works.

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 9:33pm
post #6 of 8

I have been using "Dr. Oekter whip it" for years... but I use it as a whipped cream stalilizer. It helps stablize whipped cream when I'm making mousse. i've never used it in standard buttercream recipes that call for dream whip.
I have also bought the Kroger brand of ready whip and it seemed to work well, as well as the name brand!!

Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 8

icon_rolleyes.gif I use off brand shortning, and dream whip every time and I've never had a complaint. thumbs_up.gif

mamawrobin Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal_Cakemaker

icon_rolleyes.gif I use off brand shortning, and dream whip every time and I've never had a complaint. thumbs_up.gif

I don't mind using an 'off brand' of whipped topping but I like my Crisco thumbs_up.gif Used GV brand once and tossed the icing. Just wasn't the same.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%