Chocolate Shavings, Decorations Etc

Business By icesk8ermom Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 11:05am by minicuppie

icesk8ermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icesk8ermom Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 5

So I just went to my local supermarket and asked about this cool looking chocolate shavings they have on their cakes. They would not sell me a box so I asked if they would give me the supplier info so I could contact themself.....for anyone out there that does not make these themselves......

http://www.in2food.com/products.php

4 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 5

I read this and was like no way I am paying for something that I can make in a cold room with a potato peeler and block of chocolate.
Then I spied the multicolored party curls and was in love.
Still won't buy something that I can do myself, but now looking for pink and yellow chocolate blocks, lolol!

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah, it's easy enough to make any chocolate decor.

If you get coating chocolate just make a bag and pipe your design on some acetate or parchment, then let dry. If using 'regular' chocolate you'll need to temper.

For curls just use a peeler and a block of chocolate. Could you airbrush or 'paint' white chocolate with color?

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

Minicuppie: Couldnt you just get colored candy melts (pink, yellow, etc) melt them down, pour them into a block shape mold and shave them that way?
You can literally make the mold too out of ol container so you wouldn't have to spend a dime.
Just a thought icon_surprised.gif)

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 11:05am
post #5 of 5

I had actually thought of the candy dots, so made a small block with some God awful purple I had on hand and it works fairly well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%