Decorating By costumeczar Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 2:46am by kansaslaura

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 2:28am
post #31 of 46

Awesome!!!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 2:42am
post #32 of 46

Has anyone received this issue yet? I would love to get the last years worth of them that I already paid for. If they are reworking everything, maybe they will feel bad and send out the issues that were paid for but never sent?

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 3:24am
post #33 of 46

congratulations. I love the flower-looks beautiful. I attended a blown sugar demo but still nervous about working with sugar.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 3:46am
post #34 of 46

Bravo! Well deserved, congrats!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 1:19pm
post #35 of 46

Thanks again, everyone.

Loucinda, I did get my copy in the mail a few days ago. You should write to them and they'll send you the back issues. I don't think that complaining about it here will make any difference. I do know that they got behind in the issues when they were changing editors, and so the months on the cover are behind. I guess they could fix that by just changing the month to say "October/November" on the next issue and extending the subscriptions by one month, but then people would complain that they didn't get an issue.

I know that people complain about not getting their subscriptions to CC magazine too, but some of that is the post office since subscriptions are not sent priority mail. My inlaws live near me in a retirement home, so I get their magazine and newspaper subscriptions and take them over there. They'll get nothing for a week, then 12 newspapers in one day, so there's no predicting it

costumeczar Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 1:20pm
post #36 of 46

They also have a facebook page where you can send them a direct message if you can't find the email. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 2:09pm
post #37 of 46

Kara - first, I apologize for complaining about my issues on your post. That was wrong, and impolite of me. I did call them and talk to them personally several months ago - but since then, maybe they have changed people in their offices?? (the gentleman I spoke with promised he would take care of it, and didn't)

Thank you for not calling me out on something that should not have been posted, and for the info on how to possibly get my subscription issues resolved again.

I do LOVE the cake magazines, and wish I could get the issue your cake is in. I am hoping I will be able to get it!

And lastly, congratulations again on your accomplishment, you have every right to be very proud!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 3:25pm
post #38 of 46

WOO-HOO! Congrats on this massive accomplishment. Your work speaks for itself so it's no wonder why your on the cover. It's a gorgeous cake with the sugar work.

spring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spring Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 4:36pm
post #39 of 46

I'm a big fan of yours Kara! Congratulations!!!!

Minette

costumeczar Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 4:59pm
post #40 of 46

Thanks! Loucinda, as far as I know there aren't any men working there anymore on the editorial staff, so maybe you spoke to someone who isn't there anymore. Try the facebook page, the publisher is active on there.

costumeczar Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 5:07pm
post #41 of 46

Also, Jamie from Yuma Couture Cakes is in it with a gumpaste tiara that she made. There are some good tutorials on sugar work, I just looked through it and there are 4 step-by-step multi-page tutorial articles that are nice projects, so they really are making an effort to put a lot into the magazine. I used to think it was too basic for me personally, but that's changed.

Loucinda Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 5:35pm
post #42 of 46

Thanks Kara, I will get ahold of someone again. It is nice to see they are working on making it something special. You need to get your pinecone tutorial in there.

costumeczar Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 6:55pm
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Thanks Kara, I will get ahold of someone again. It is nice to see they are working on making it something special. You need to get your pinecone tutorial in there.

Heh heh,that's going to be in an upcoming issue.

Loucinda Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 7:17pm
post #44 of 46

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 10:13pm
post #45 of 46

Oh my gosh I just love Jamie's work. (miss her icon_cry.gif ) I just saw today that she was on Sunday Sweets on Cakewrecks. She must be over the moon too right now.
How great that the 2 of you were chosen to be in their magazine. Sweet!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 2:46am
post #46 of 46

Congratulations, that's a beautiful cake thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%