I Need A Filling That Tastes Like Ice Cream!

Baking By otherterri Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 3:53pm by DeeDelightful

otherterri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
otherterri Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a root beer flavored cake for a 4 year old boy's birthday. I am trying to think of how I could make the filling taste like vanilla ice cream, so overall the cake would taste like a root beer float. I kn I have seen a recipe like this somewhere, and now I can't find it!

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks

5 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 6

Toba Garrett has one in her book "The Well Decorated Cake" called French Vanilla Buttercream that she describes as tasting like vanilla ice cream, I haven't tried it myself though.

mszig01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mszig01 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 6

If you have a restraurant supplier or a snowball supplier they sell Ice Cream concentrate for SnoBalls use it as a flavor you would add to buttercream frosting. If you can find SouthernSnow or SnoWizard concentrates they are the 2 I am familar with and I would recommend either one.
Yes these concentrates are very tasty in Buttercream.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 6

I would try using a french vanilla coffee creamer as your liquid for the buttercream and getting some vanilla bean paste to add to it.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 6

I use the french-vanilla coffee mate in my buttercream with vanilla and butter flavorings. Tastes like vanilla ice-cream! icon_smile.gif

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:53pm
post #6 of 6

Make your buttercream with melted vanilla ice cream...maybe????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%