2 Yr Divorce Anniversary Cake

Decorating By Mamatoboys Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 4:38pm by cakegroove

Mamatoboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamatoboys Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 8

My SIL is have a party to celebrate the 2 yr anniversary of her divorce. I am planning to make a cake for the party and have no idea what to do! There are some very funny divorce cakes in the galleries, but do you think they are appropriate for this party (2 yrs later)?

Also, any wording ideas? "2 years of freedom" or something like that?

My SIL is in a "happy" state of mind about her divorce. She's glad that he's out of her life! I love the sense of humor that many of you have on these boards and would love some ideas from you!

Thanks!

7 replies
white_roses09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
white_roses09 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 8

If you are any good at sculpting, you could make little figures of the ex-husband and ex-wife and have the wife "kicking him to the curb". Make part of the cake look like the street and have the ex-husband bent over, and the ex-wife with her foot raised like she is going to kick him in the rump.

I have also seen people do the heart cake split down the middle, in a broken manner. And then put a house on one side as detailed or as not as you desire and then on the otherside put a dog house. Very cute and also helps give the option of making two different cake flavors, if you wanted.

I'm bad at making what I think come out on paper, sorry if it didn't make any sense.

klkoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klkoop Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 8

How about a "Happy Independence Day" cake? Make the colors red, white, and blue? Just a thought...people celebrate Independence Day every year... icon_smile.gif

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 8

My dad celebrates his divorce every year too.
icon_lol.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_roses09

If you are any good at sculpting, you could make little figures of the ex-husband and ex-wife and have the wife "kicking him to the curb". Make part of the cake look like the street and have the ex-husband bent over, and the ex-wife with her foot raised like she is going to kick him in the rump.

I like this. It would be a joke in our family, my MIL is always telling my FIL she's gonna kick him to the curb. He tells her he's gonna trade her for to 30's. icon_lol.gif

ClassyCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyCat Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 8

How about focusing on her and her new life, and not her ex or her old life? Something along the lines of "Celebrate You"~ focusing on words/themes of strength, friendship, beauty.

Mamatoboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamatoboys Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

cakegroove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegroove Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 8

ClassyCat that's what I was thinking. Why rehash the past when you should be focusing on the future

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%