"khaki" Colored Cholocate Buttercream?!?!

Decorating By LadyinaRedApron Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 8:39am by sweettreat101

LadyinaRedApron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyinaRedApron Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:40am
post #1 of 5

A friend wants chocolate icing but in white or khaki. I was wondering if I used the Lorann chocolate oil if the buttercream would remain white or tint a little bit to become khaki colored. If so is the chocolate flavor really going to stand out? Last question I promise, I was going to use Indydebi's buttercream recipe... Can I just add the chocolate oil in lieu of the vanilla? Any help is appreciated! TIA!

4 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 8:34am
post #2 of 5

The only thing I can think of would be white chocolate butter cream colored Kahki.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:48am
post #3 of 5

If you are making a full batch of buttercream, try adding 1 or 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate (melted) a little at a time. You can also add the Lorann chocolate to bump up the chocolate flavor. I don't think you will get a real "chocolatey" taste though. It will probably be pretty mild.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 5

or you could do a chocolate buttercream and then use a more mild (like gingoodies suggested) chocolate tinted khaki over the top of the regular chocolate. As in two "layers of BC"... the top one only needs to be thick enough to cover the darker brown underneath.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 8:39am
post #5 of 5

What about covering the cake in ganache let it set in the fridge and then frosting the cake in a kahki chocolate scented butter cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%