Cake Ladies Unite!!!????

Business By dguerrant Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 12:23pm by minicuppie

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:51am
post #1 of 4

just wondering if any of you happen to meet up with or discuss the 'business' with other cakers?

i did today and am soooo thankful! we discussed alot of the things we see here on cake central, cake pricing, delivery fees, licensed characters, etc.... she lives 10 miles away and we do the same caliber of work and we are nearly the only ones in a 20-30 mile radius that works in fondant of even sculpted cakes. we stay very busy and felt it necessary to meet.

funny thing is, we were charging nearly the same exact prices!!!! we both turn down licensed character "drawn", "plaque", and sculpted figures. customers can buy these and place them!!! (we really don't like character sheet cakes anyway)

our delivery fees were spot on and deposits were nearly the same.

just wanted to say that i loved the opportunity to meet and talk with someone personally in my area and discuss our clientelle and market. the most important thing is that we aren't underselling one another's work and therefore upholding the market for custom cakes.

so, have any others done this?

3 replies
anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:35am
post #2 of 4

This is really great that you did this! I really want to do the same in my area. I think it helps to know your peers...I am sure you all learned a lot from each other!!

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:47am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasazi17

This is really great that you did this! I really want to do the same in my area. I think it helps to know your peers...I am sure you all learned a lot from each other!!

thumbs_up.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 4

Most larger cities have a least one cake club if not more. You can find out more by asking around the cake decorator supply store(s) in your area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%