Wage Requirements

Business By Crazycakelady Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 2:02am by Laurieg

Crazycakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazycakelady Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 3

I am currently considering a job that has been offered to me as an Assistant Manager at our local bakery. I will be overseeing ALL wedding and event cakes. I will be supervising 3 employees and handling the marketing for the wedding cakes. i.e. dummies for the lobby, bridal faires etc. I have always worked for myself, but think it is time for a change. The owner would like me to put out a salary/wage requirement. Are there any of you who would divulge what you make hourly/monthly so that I can try and get an idea of what to ask for. I don't want to short change myself, but don't want to blast myself out of the water either. Thank you in advance for any advice/help that you offer me.

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 3

You may want to try checking out a salary survey at payscale.com or salary.com.

Laurieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurieg Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:02am
post #3 of 3

Wouldn't it be wonderful if cake central started up a job search engine or something. I have been looking on several job search sites and let's face it there is nothing out there for a good cake decorator. The only thing you might find is a supermarket entry position for a decorator. That is great, I have been doing that for years, but I really want to move on and do the kind of cakes I love - fondant, gumpaste, sculpted,etc. You can't do that in a supermarket and there are only so many competitions. Everyone always tells me that I should have my own bakery. I really don't want my own business, I just want to work for a good bakery. Anyone out there in the Raleigh,NC area need help? Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%