Who Do I Talk To First In Storefront Space?

Business By cblupe Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 4:50pm by leily

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 2

I have found the perfect storefront to set up 'Wedding and Special Occasions Cakes'. I know enough about cake decorating BUT...

What I don't know is the leasing part. Who do I talk to first before the letter of intent?

I am going to talk to the folks that used to be in this space and see if I can get some positive and negative feedback.

Do I call the fire marshall to look over the space? Do I call the health department to see if it will be an ok location to start my business in?

Yikes! I am ready to rent but scared about the leasing part and that I may leave out some major part of the whole initial start. How do I find this sort of information out???


1 reply
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 2

My first call would be to the health department to find out what the requirements are for you to have. If you look at a space and you're going to have to shell out money to put in electrical, water, fire suppression system, bathroom etc.. that all adds up pretty quickly but you need to know what you have to have in a space before you pick a space.

Quote by @%username% on %date%