Confusion About Home Baking Businesses In Ny

Decorating By MELI_CAKES Updated 8 Feb 2015 , 7:31pm by cmnycakes

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:58am
post #31 of 39

Cindy...thanks for finding out the info...did she say whether or not she has any specific type of permit or possibly where she does her baking? I'm in they city and am having the same issue now...thanks again!

Oh, and I met Kate in NY Cake a few months ago...and you're right, she was really nice.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 3:03am
post #32 of 39

No, she didn't go into too many details. I wonder if you could just call your local health dept. and explain to them what you want to do. You know its being done in NYC, so they've got to be able to tell you details regarding any permits you would need.

MELI_CAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MELI_CAKES Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 4:21am
post #33 of 39

Thanks for that info Cindy! I'm going to keep digging there has to be an answer to this riddle of baking in NYC

cmnycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmnycakes Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 5:11pm
post #34 of 39

Hi all,

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum or not, but I've been thinking of renting out a portion of my commercial kitchen space. I'm in Levittown, Long Island.

You can check out the craigslist post here:
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/off/1907507348.html

Mods, if I have to move this post, definitely let me know!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 5:19pm
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmnycakes

Hi all,

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum or not, but I've been thinking of renting out a portion of my commercial kitchen space. I'm in Levittown, Long Island.

I wish I lived closer, it's more than 7 hours for me.

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 10:46pm
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmnycakes

Hi all,

Wow, wish I could but in could no way afford that much!! I would have to sell a dumpload of high prices cakes to make it worth my time!

bakespace4rent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakespace4rent Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 5:48pm
post #37 of 39

if you are looking to rent a small space only when you need l to make and decorate you specialty cakes call frank 917 295 3686  bklyn ny  nyc area

Viennacookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Viennacookies Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 2:37pm
post #38 of 39

Your cakes are absolutely beautiful!  I read your comment and I agree. NY city seems much more relaxed about home baking businesses.

I am from Nassau County too and I am looking to start a baking business as well (Austrian holiday cookies).  I have a licensed bakery in the area that would rent space to me, but I do not have my own license.  The Town of Hempstead 's website says that using a license bakery for your baking is ok when wanting to sell home baled goods, but then when you ask them in person, nobody can give you a straight answer. I was planning to sell my Austrian  cookies over the internet and through orders over the phone, but I am told I need to get my own license now.  Do you know of any bakeries that would rent space and would not mind if I apply for my own license under their business?  I am having a hard time finding anybody who would want to go through that.  

I appreciate your help. 

All best,

Heidi Riegler

[email protected]

cmnycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmnycakes Posted 8 Feb 2015 , 7:31pm
post #39 of 39

Hello all...this is an old post but I still have space in my commercial kitchen that I could rent out.  The commercial kitchen is in Levittown, NY (Nassau County Long Island).

Email me at [email protected] for more info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%