Storing Cake

Decorating By KCraine Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 1:36am by leily

KCraine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCraine Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 3

I just completed a cake for a birthday that I was told needed delivery tomorrow (08/10/10) Just got a phone call that the birthday is NOT until next week. This cake is in a refrigerator that is only used for my cakes so will not be opened & closed like the one in my kitchen. It is a white cake, with buttercream icing & an edible image. Do you think it will be safe a week from now?

2 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 3

I would deliver it whenever the contract says to deliver it and have the client deal with their mistake. I don't like a cake to sit out more than 3 days tho I have had cake 5 days later and it was still fresh but 7 or 8 days later, that's pushing it...especially if it was their mistake. Now if it was your mistake then I'd just chock it up as one and make a new cake for the actual delivery date. You could check out freezing methods then type out a sheet for the client and pass that along with the cake tomorrow.

My 2 cents.

Cat

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:36am
post #3 of 3

I agree, deliver the cake and give the client directions to freeze the cake. I would not leave it in the fridge that long. Definitely freeze it until the day before the party.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%