I Need A "m" Mold But Not Sure Where To Begin

Decorating By makenice99 Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 7:13pm by makenice99

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:24am
post #1 of 3

Hi Chef,

I took your class out in MA and it was outstanding.

I need a little help with a lollypop I idea that I have. For the rehersal dinner I would like to make a lollypop with an M in the middle in the same momogram font my neice is using for her wedding invitations.

I am lost on how to make the M since its a font and not an item I can seal or mold the silcone to.

Help, is there a way to make this mold?

Thanks,
Grace

2 replies
MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 3

Hi makenice99 - I am so glad you liked the Master Mold Making Class. Every one of you did a great job and I got the feeling at the end that you all no longer needed me anymore. It was great!

About your project - Get the m in the font style that you want and then make a template by enlarging it on a copier and then cutting the M out on card stock. You can get this M laminated to make it moisture proof or sandwich it between layers of box sealing tape and trimming the excess. Now you can place this M on sheeted gumpaste and cut it out and let it dry. Then apply seal-Dit to the M and attach it to your monogram using anchor-dit. Now your are ready to make your mold with the M included in the design. You can also use non-toxic polymer clay to make the M - which can be baked rock hard and then attached to your project.

Did This Help?

Dominic icon_smile.gif

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 3

Hi,

Thank you so much I do understand the process and can't wait to leave work to go get started.

While we learned a ton. We will always need you. Your our Mold Guru.

Sorry, one other question this would be better as a poured mold correct?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%