Tiny Butterfly Cutters, Where To Buy?!

Baking By LCC10 Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 2:14am by cheriej

LCC10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LCC10 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 8

Hi All,

Been a lurker for a while but I need some help please!

I'm desperately looking for some tiny micro butterfly cutters for decorating cupcakes, 1cm or smaller. Does anyone know where I can get some from or whether there's an alternative way to make such small butterflies?

Please help I'm desperate.

Thanks

icon_smile.gif

7 replies
JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 8

HI!

I use a paper punch for scrapbooking. A friend sent one to me and Ive been head over heels in love with it since!

I dont have a pic posted because I dont spend much time on CC anymore ( too much drama for me)

If you need a visual, let me know and ill upload a pic of the actual punch as well as the teeny-tiny ( but they come in all sizes) butterfly that it makes.

FYI- i roll my fondant the thickness of the space it will fit in the punch, then give it a minute or 2 to get a bit hard, slide it in, push down and et voila! out comes a beautiful butterfly!!

HTH & let me know if you need any additional info!

Jess

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 8

Can you use a scrapbooking template?

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 8

Jessdesserts- such a neat way to do it. I love to see and hear how people think outside the box to get the details and effects they want.

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 8

Global Sugar Art has lot of butterfly cutters. PME has a set of 3 cutters the smallest is 1 1/4 " to the largest is 2 1/2". Also patchwork cutters is a nice set.

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 8

Dummy me, recently I was shocked to find that the clay aisle at my local hobby store had tons of cutters.

Why didn't I think of that before?

LCC10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LCC10 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:36am
post #7 of 8

Thanks all, just ordered a tiny little scrap book cutter, hopefully that will work! icon_smile.gif

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:14am
post #8 of 8

If the scrapbook thing doesn't work, I did use PME cutters and they work fine like previous poster stated. good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%