How Do I Make An Edible Image Plaque?

Decorating By shannonlovebug Updated 8 Aug 2010 , 6:04pm by ddaigle

shannonlovebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonlovebug Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 5

I thought I knew how but mine are not turning out so great. I have all the equipment. I thought the frosting sheet would sort of melt into the gumpaste when I laid it on but it just looks like i laid a piece of paper on there. I need step by step instructions please and tips for cutting it out without messing up the ink.

Oh and if anyone knows where I can find a picture of Dora that isn't pixelated that would be awesome too!

Thanks!!

4 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 5

Print the image out, put it on dampened gumpaste and then cut it with an exacto knife.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 5

I'd be interested in the answer too. Whenever I've used the images on fondant, I can see the paper on it.

There are tons of images on the internet of Dora. I googled dora the explorer images and up came lots.

http://www.starpulse.com/Television/Dora_the_Explorer/gallery/Dora-the-Explorer-p07/

The images will be pixelated if you've enlarged them a lot.

shannonlovebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonlovebug Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 5

how thin should the gumpaste be?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 5

I made a monogram plaque on my baptism cake (top row, 5th cake).

When I applied my edible image to my piece of gumpaste, it just kinda stuck. I had not put it on a dried piece, but a fresh piece. If it was dry, I would've taken a damp paper towel just lightly kinda wiped over the gumpaste to get some sort of dampness.

I then put a cutter lightly on it to get my line then cut it with an exacto knife.

I also made a cowboy on page 2.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%