Freezing Cupcakes???

Baking By still_learning Updated 8 Aug 2010 , 9:06pm by denetteb

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 5

I have some extra cupcakes that I'd like to freeze. I've frozen cakes before that I wrapped well with plastic wrap. Wondering if people freeze cupcakes, how you wrapped or stored them, and how did they taste after. I fond that when I wrap small, individual things like rolls to freeze the plastic wrap seems to loosen over time in the freezer and ice crystals form. Thanks for your help!

4 replies
denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 5

They freeze great with or without BC frosting on them. I just put in a zip lock bag or a tupperware-type storage container. Take them out when you want them, they de-frost really quick. I have had them in the freezer for several weeks at least and come out fine.

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 5

I've wondered about this too. So the liners don't come off when they defrost? I'm always worried about that.

thanks!

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 5

I freeze cupcakes all the time! I actually LOVE frozen cupcakes without frosting when I need a quick snack. icon_wink.gif

I usually put them on a board and wrap them tightly 3 times with plastic.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 5

I don't think freezing causes the wrappers to come off. That seems to be caused by some variation of the particular wrapper, recipe used, whether or not they are allowed to cool in the pan, and probably some other factors I am forgetting, based on other threads on that topic. Next time you have some cuppies, just throw a couple in the freezer and try for yourself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%