Dulce Deleche Filling Help

Decorating By fairmaiden0101 Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 1:54am by fairmaiden0101

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 5:37am
post #1 of 5

I would like to do a cake with ganache and a dulce deleche filling but was wondering a few things. Would the cake be able to be out over night without refrigeration as I want to cover it in fondant, and is it firm enough so that it wont leak out the sides?Anyone had any problems with it making the cake soggy?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 replies
iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 6:30am
post #2 of 5

I recently made a cake using Dawn's Vanilla Butter cake recipe, dulce de leche filling, chocolate ganache under chocolate fondant. It was really delicious. Dawns butter cake recipe is a very dense flavorful cake. I still made a dam with thickend ganache, just to make sure that I wouldn't lose any of the dulce de leche. It does not have to be refrigerated. I hope this helps.

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 5

I have used ganache with a buttercream filling - it set very firmly - no bumps or bulges to be seen under the fondant - not sure what Dulce Deleche is so can't comment on leaving it out

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:11am
post #4 of 5

Nestle's makes a Dulce de Leche syrup that I mix with my regular non-dairy buttercream. Makes a creamy caramel flavored filling that sits out just fine.

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 5

Thank everyone for the info, I appreciate the help! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%