Help Please! I Need To Get 'david's Bridal' "pool"

Decorating By countrycakes Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 2:20am by awatterson

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:41am
post #1 of 9

I am working on a cake for a bride...need to get the color of the 'David's Bridal' "POOL" color....any help? It is not a blue, not a bluegreen, not a turqoise....ack!

Any help is appreciated! thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:55am
post #2 of 9

I am working on one as we speak. The closest I got was Wilton Aqua with the tiniest leaf green. Have you noticed this color really changes in the light? Good luck with yours, guess I should get back to work on mine!

countrycakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:59am
post #3 of 9

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! thumbs_up.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:02am
post #4 of 9

What is David's Bridal Pool and/or Color?

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:28am
post #5 of 9

I would either guess a tiny bit of Wilton's aqua or even tinier bit of Teal. I think David's uses "unique" colors on purpose so they are next to impossible to match and you have to buy their ribbons and things icon_confused.gif

countrycakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 11:56am
post #6 of 9

icon_confused.gif WHEW! I got it done....not too bad...considering the only color on the cake will be the bottom borders...

David's Bridal is a bridal gown store....the 'Pool' color is a odd shade of blue.....not blue not green....and YES, I agree.....I think that they go with 'wonky colors' so the brides almost have to buy their things to go with it. icon_rolleyes.gif

nana_marta......YES! That color seemed to change over and over....ack....not fun. :/

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 12:39pm
post #7 of 9

even among their own images, the color doesn't appear to be the same. Surely the color swatch is more exacting than their images.

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 9

I mix Americolor sky blue with turquoise, and it comes out really close to the David's Bridal "pool" color.

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:20am
post #9 of 9

Have any of you made David's Clover color? If so, what colors did you mix for that? Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%