Quick,is This A Good Deal For This 3-Door Fridge?

Business By ButtercupMama Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 7:00pm by ButtercupMama

ButtercupMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercupMama Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hi guys,

I'm looking at a used Delmont 3-door stainless steel refrigerator. The guy says the info on the fridge says it was made in 1996, so I presume it is 14 years old. He says it's in perfect working condition and I can plug it in, etc.

He's asking $1500, and I think they are around $4000-$4500 new. Free delivery.

Quick, what do you say? Good price? I would say it is, but I don't know what the lifespan of this item is!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 4

I think it's a little high for one that old. He's expecting you to "negotiate" with him, I'll bet.

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 4

I don't know much about Delmont but assuming it works VERY well (listen to the compressor closely when it runs), $1400 delivered is a decent deal for a 3 door cooler (assuming it's 60+ cu ft).

Edit: I could have sworn the initial post said $1400 at first... I have to stop drinking in the AM. icon_wink.gif

At $1500 it's a pretty average deal. Delivery is a nice bonus (usually between $40-$100) but I would offer $1200 and see what happens..assuming it runs well. If the compressor is really noisy, and you hear lots of squeaking and rattling, I would either pass, or hire a repairman for an hour to meet you there and take a look at it before you commit.

ButtercupMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercupMama Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I agree, Leah, he probably is expecting to negotiate. (Barf, that's not my bag!) But it doesn't hurt to ask!

And yes, I will take a good listen when we plug it in. I've been looking for something like this as additional cold storage, AND to back up my walk-in, which loves to take a dump when I'm in the middle of cake madness. Happens every year. *sigh*

Anybody else got an old one of these, experiences, good or bad?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%