[B]Does Anyone Know How To Make A Poured Sugar Waterfall[/b]

Sugar Work By BROOKSIE007 Updated 23 Jun 2014 , 7:03pm by jminor21

BROOKSIE007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BROOKSIE007 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a woodland theme cake for a fair contest. and I would really love to put a poured sugar waterfall on it. any info or webs? Please help me! icon_smile.gif
thanks,
Brooke icon_confused.gif [/b]

6 replies
sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 2:45am
post #2 of 7

I really dont understand what you mean by poured sugar ...lol! I know you can use piping gel and color it blue .... I hope I havent made a fool of myself lol! Wouldnt be the first time though lol!

BROOKSIE007 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 3:53am
post #3 of 7

lol. no girl..I guess I didnt make my question clear. I thought it was called poured sugar. Its probably some fancy word. haha I saw a lady do it on a cake contest..you know how you make hard candy??? you get the sugar and corn syrup to hard crack stage. she did this added blue coloring then somehow made a water fall. I DONT KNOW WHY I DONT REMEMBER! lol I have googled and googled....

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 4:04am
post #4 of 7

If was clear and hard probably was Isomalt. But I think is too hot to be poured on a cake. I hope this can help you.

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 7

HEHEHE ( BLUSHING NOW ) I think I do remember seeing that show . Let me know how you do this when you get it icon_smile.gif Would love to do a water fall one year lol! Isomalt does sound really familiar icon_smile.gif

BROOKSIE007 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 7

I will....and i have aluminum foil draped down fake tiered cake that I will be using.....so it should cool in that and when it dries ill try to peel it off and then it should fit right on the cake. oh well...all i can do is try. lol you gotta make mistakes to learn from icon_biggrin.gif

jminor21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jminor21 Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 7

Did you make the waterfall?  I have been practicing with regular sugar, and they look pretty good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%