Help! As Anyone Found That Duff's Fondant Is Too Greasy )=

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 12:49pm by cutthecake

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 4:29am
post #1 of 4

icon_eek.gif I was kneading Duff's fondant and I notice that my hands where too greasy. The Characters look too shiny, Has anyone experience this? If you have. What you have done. Thanks for looking and responding... thumbs_up.gif Have a Good one...

3 replies
cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 4:41am
post #2 of 4

I love the Duff fondant, but I have found it impossible to make flowers and characters with it. It just refuses to dry hard! I have a flower forming tray full of flowers that were made 3 days ago and they are still soft enough to change shape when picked up! And they are thin! It definitely has a greasier texture than anything else I have tried. Since I don't cover cakes in fondant, I mostly use it for ribbons, borders, stripes....anything like that.

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 4

Duffs is just Fondarific.. If you search for that you will find tons of threads. It is a little softer and from what I have read you can't do animals, flowers or people etc cause it doesn't dry hard. Some say you can mix tylose which I haven't tried. I love it for covering cakes it is so easy to use but I just use Wilton for things I need to dry hard!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 12:49pm
post #4 of 4

I thought Duff's black was too stretchy, but not greasy. I covered a cake with it last Friday (7/30), and it still is pliable on the cake. I can press my finger into it, and it "gives". And I think it (the black fondant) tastes like licorice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%