Monkey Themed Baby Shower Cake. (Girl) Need Help Please. :-)

Decorating By Ivy383 Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 3:24am by letsgetcaking

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 18

Hi,

My friend's daughter has a baby shower September 11th. They asked me if I could make the cake. I said I would make it as my gift to her. The colors are brown, pink and pastel green. The theme of the party is a cute baby girl monkey. I came up with a couple of ideas, but i'm not too convinced about them. Many of the things I came up with are not a my decorating level...lol I am fairly new at this and do it as a hobby. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I will attach pics of the monkey. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks
LL
LL

17 replies
stacyllind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyllind Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 18

Here is a pic that looks identical to the napkins. It was made by a fellow CC'r so I am sure you could ask her if you need any hints on how she did it. Looks pretty straight forward but super cute!! Good luck and post pics once your done icon_biggrin.gif

http://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/664135/normal_1278946521.JPG

Ivy383 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 18

Thanks! That is so cute! Do you know who on CC made it?

stacyllind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyllind Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 18

Her name is tristaross. Funny, I just happened to have this pic saved in my fav's and when I saw your pictures of the theme, I thought," Wait a minute, I recognize that design!" Funny how that works out sometimes icon_smile.gif

tanstaafl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanstaafl Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 18
Ivy383 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 7:59pm
post #6 of 18

stacyllind and tanstaafl Thank you both very much. I hope I can do something as nice as those two cakes. icon_smile.gif It has to feed 75 to 100 people, so I have to figure out sizes too. icon_biggrin.gif

Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 18

this is one by eatCakes that I have saved in my favorites. Looks like it would be a good match to the invitations
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1666429

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 18

What about trying a Frozen Buttercream Transfer? I did a Super Mario cake (in my pics) this way. It's pretty easy. There's a tutorial on you tube and on this website too. Go to the "search" and type "frozen buttercream transfer" and you'll see a picture tutorial on the technique. Hope that helps!

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:38pm
post #9 of 18

I just did this one for a baby shower. Not exactly your design. But easy enough to adapt. Plus it's three cakes so it can serve a good number.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1736541

Becky1679 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Becky1679 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 11:39pm
post #10 of 18

You can also check out one I did and make the monkeys girls!

Ivy383 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 3:15pm
post #11 of 18

Marla84, doramoreno62, artscallion, Becky1679 Thank you all very much for the ideas. You are all very talented.

I will keep you all posted and will post pictures. icon_biggrin.gif

cmnycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmnycakes Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:33pm
post #12 of 18

You may already know what you're making, but here's an idea... We also made this monkey in pink for a baby shower for a baby girl.

Good luck!

CMNY Cakes
[url]cmnycakes.com[/url]

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:48pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla84

this is one by eatCakes that I have saved in my favorites. Looks like it would be a good match to the invitations
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1666429

This one looks simple enough to with buttercream and marshmallow fondant. MMF is very easy to make and easy to use. There are videos on youtube for it. The basic design of the monkey's head are balls that are rolled and flattened. His arm and legs look like sausages, etc..I think you get the idea.

I wish you luck! Don't be afraid to try new things. That's how we learn. Besides, your giving it as a gift, what do they want for $2.00, lobster?!

Best wishes too you! You can do it! I have faith! thumbs_up.gif

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:07am
post #14 of 18

I just made a "Monkey Girl" cake here is a pick..they really loved it.. This was for a 1st birthday so of course you'd leave off the 1's lol!!!

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:32am
post #15 of 18

Sorry I was trying to attach a pic but I didn't have any luck..here is the link to my pictures of the cake

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1709433&sub=1709435

Ivy383 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 7:22pm
post #16 of 18

Thank you all very much for your help. Cake is only one week away! Now i'm a little nervous, but I will give it 100%! I will post pictures when the cake is done. icon_smile.gif

Ivy383 Posted 12 Sep 2010 , 2:43pm
post #17 of 18

Hello everyone,

I made the cake. I wanted a lighter shade of pink and got a very dark pink instead. I'm still happy with the way it came out. My friend and her daughter loved it! Once again, thank you all very much for your help.
I will try to post the picture here, but if it does not work the picture has already been uploaded to my album. icon_biggrin.gif

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 3:24am
post #18 of 18

It turned out so cute! Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%