Cherry Cake Help!

Baking By jsc2010 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 3:48am by sillywabbitz

jsc2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsc2010 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:12am
post #1 of 3

I'm making a sheet rainbow cake for a customer. They wanted cherry flavor. Never did cherry before but I figured cherry extract would make Kakeladi's Wasc cake taste cherry. I used the whole bottle 2 1/2 Tbsp of imitation extract for a 11x15 cake. Doesn't taste cherry at all! the other 1/2 I used cherry juice from the marichino cherry jar but I used 4 Tbsp. doesn't taste any different. I really don't want to have to remake these cakes as it was time consuming mixing all that batter in different colors. Cakes are due Friday so I do have some time. I have the cakes in the freezer now. Is there a way to add more cherry flavor like possibly a simple syrup? any suggestions? I'm thinking I should have used cherry chip cake for my base but it's too late for that now. I'd appreciate any helpful suggestions!!!!
Thanks,
Jane

2 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:17am
post #2 of 3

lorann oils. you can find the at rite-aid (as I just found out) and some cake stores, like hobby lobby or michaels.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:48am
post #3 of 3

There is a recipe where you use a can of cherry pie filling in a box of cake mix. I've done it with chocolate and it's fabulous.
The recipe is from the cake mix doctor:
1 box of devil foods cake mix
1 can (21 ounce) can of cherry pie filling
2 large eggs
1 tsp almond extract.

I don't see whe you can't do this with a white cake. I would switch the almond to vanilla then it would be like a cherry vanilla ice cream...ooh I bet it would be good with a french vanilla cake mix.

Please post your thoughts if you try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%