Ironman Sheet Cake With Hand Coming Out?

Decorating By heddahope Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 5:56am by heddahope

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 2:12am
post #1 of 4

A friend asked me to do a 11x15 sheet cake with Iron man where only his hand is coming out of the cake. She is going to drop the plate off tomorrow for what she is talking about. I found the following online and think it must be it.

My question for you guys is, Do you think that would be really difficult? and also How do you think it would look? She said she wanted it kind of like the alligator in my pics, but it would be just the hand like that.

http://www.birthdayexpress.com/Iron-Man-2-Dinner-Plates-8/66749/ProductDetail.aspx?REF=AFC-ceshowcase&AID=10645311&PID=1461762&SID=sr

this is another decoration that think would maybe look better because of the angle

http://www.birthdayexpress.com/Iron-Man-2-Blowouts-8/66760/PartyItemDetail.aspx?REF=AFC-ceshowcase&AID=10645311&PID=1461762&SID=sr

Any thoughts or ideas are very much appreciated.

3 replies
heddahope Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 4

I was thinking maybe a FBCT for the image and the hand on top the cake in fondant. Probably the image on the second link. Would that look OK?

Any opinions?

TIA

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 4

i just did a hand coming out of cake. It wasnt too hard once I decided to use MMF. I made it weeks in advance, so that it would harden. I definately had to make a skeletal structure. so plan on that.

heddahope Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 5:56am
post #4 of 4

I didn't get an alert that you replied.

Thanks, this was a short notice thing, actually it was for today. I think it came out hideous, but they loved it.
I needed more time to make it look smoother and blended. I did it in RKT and covered that in fondant, just made the hand come out more.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%