Dessert Table Servings

Decorating By cupcakeatheart Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 2:51pm by cupcakeatheart

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to design a dessert table for 100 people this weekend. I'm going to have 3" cookies, mini cupcakes, cake truffles, cream cheese mints, maybe some candy. I have no idea how many desserts to make. Has anyone done this before? How many per person do you think?

TIA

5 replies
buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 6

I usually go with about 3-5 pieces per person. It depends on how much other food they are planning to have...but that's usually my comfort zone....HTH

cupcakeatheart Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you icon_smile.gif

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercuppie

I usually go with about 3-5 pieces per person. It depends on how much other food they are planning to have...but that's usually my comfort zone....HTH

I usually follow the same. I'm doing two dessert tables in the next two weeks. One is going at the lower end (3 pieces per person) because there will be a full meal before, plus cake. The other is going toward the higher end (6 pieces per person) because there will be no other food.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 6

Agree with the 3-5, if there will be other food, but also because the cookies are somewhat big (3" is more than "a bite").

And remember, this doesnt' mean 3-5 cookies per person AND 3-5 mini cupcakes, etc. It means 3-5 total pieces per person (had to explain this recently, so thought I'd just throw it out there).

cupcakeatheart Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 6

Got it icon_smile.gif Thanks everyone. I knew you all would have the answer, you always do

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%