Baking Cakes In A Pizza Oven??

Business By bmoser24 Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 4:23pm by CWR41

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 4

I have a chance to buy a pizza oven, two shelf, for a great price. What I like most is the depth of it for a countertop oven, 110. I have bought a convection and not sure I like the way it bakes, After doing some research, I found that short 1" or no side are recomended. And that deep pan baking is better conventional.
My question is ...has or does anyone use a pizza oven to bake? I would like to hear from experience.
Thanks~ Blessings

3 replies
jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 4

I am not sure, but I would LOVE to hear the response.
I have heard the bit about those not liking convection ovens though, so I do know I will not get one of those.

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 4

I did some research on the science of convection baking and it seems to go against what baking a cake is trying ti achieve. The hot air is being moved around the cake as it bakes not up through the cake, rising. and then there are issues with they highth of the sides of the pans. I like 2". shallow is better, they say. You can manipulate the cooking process, however. Cook lower temp, for same time, higher temp, lower time, or rotate while cooking. Hmmm, i dont want to move my cakes half way through. Convections seem to be great for biscuits, cookies, and smaller volume items. I did finally get 2 cakes to come out pretty good, but why go through that? Looking at the pizza oven preyy hard!!!lol

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%