First Time Local Contest

Decorating By sweetheart6710 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 5:16pm by sweetheart6710

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:11am
post #1 of 10

In about 3 weeks there is going to be a County Fair in my area. Wilton is sponsoring a cake decorating contest for youth, ameture, and professional. I am definetly not a pro, but I still think it would be fun to enter. There are no catergories, just make whatevery we want. You don't have to bake a cake, a cake dummy can be used, but all the decorating needs to be frosting and fondant/gumpaste etc. Because there are no limiations on what we can creative, I can't seem to decide on what to make.

So.. what inspires you people? Any ideas, tips? I want to go a little crazy and try things I don't usually try since this isn't for an event with a paying customer to impress. I'm really up to try anything

9 replies
hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 10

I like to look at pretty patterns on the internet for inspirations for designs and to see what colors look great together. HTH!

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:30am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTV

i dont know why but a peacock popped into my head,

How funny...I was thinking of different cake designs this morning, and the thought of a peacock came to me too! All those gorgeous feathers would be beautiful to make. I have no clue how to do it, but in my mind, it's beautiful icon_smile.gif

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:35am
post #4 of 10

I love looking at the patterned papers, stickers and cutouts in the scrapbooking aisles. So many cool ideas!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:39am
post #5 of 10

You mentioned County Fair and this cake popped into my head.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1752231

It was posted last week by Juneclever. She stated that after she dropped the cake off for judging, she found out she was disqualified. She's a hobby baker, and they said that because she sold a cake once in a while, she was a pro and they disqualified her. It's a shame, it's an awesome cake.

I thought the cake was over the top. Good Luck deciding what to make!

MichaelTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichaelTV Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:43am
post #6 of 10

yea i see it and wish i could explain better what i would do. they feather are very delicate at the ends and could be done well with royal icing wilton tip one.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:45am
post #7 of 10

Someone on cc made an ice cream cone. It was really cool!!!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:53am
post #8 of 10

I love to enter the fairs! I made a consession stand cake last year. It won Best in Show! Take a look in my profile.

I think doing something related to the Fair is fun.

KimAZ

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

I love to enter the fairs! I made a consession stand cake last year. It won Best in Show! Take a look in my profile.

I think doing something related to the Fair is fun.

KimAZ

WOWZERS! That cake is freaking awesome! Glad to see you did so well with it!

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 5:16pm
post #10 of 10

Oooooo I love the peacock idea. You guys have been so much help icon_smile.gif I love CC! Ill have to start searching around. Thanks everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%