Strawberry Cake +Plus+

Baking By MommaBay Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 12:24pm by drakegore

MommaBay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaBay Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:13am
post #1 of 3

I need to make a layer cake. Flavor is Strawberry with chocolate chips. I planned on baking it in a 12"x18" sheet pan and cutting in half to make 2 layers.

Is there a really good strawberry cake recipe that would hold up and taste great? It will have chips added to it keep in mind. Strawberry cake seems to be my downfall. Oh, and it will be filled with fudge buttercream.

2 replies
MommaBay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaBay Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 11:30am
post #2 of 3

anyone??? This cake is for Saturday so I need a recipe ASAP! Please help!!!!

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 3

hi!
i made summer's scratch strawberry cake two weeks ago (recipe here on cc) and it was a very good cake but it needed more "strawberry" taste. i chose that recipe because i wanted to use real strawberrys instead of strawberry jello to flavor (most of the recipes i found WERE flavored by strawberry jello). i would make this cake again, but i think i would add some strawberry extract or lorann oil to it to enhance the strawberry flavor.

i think this cake would hold up for what you are planning. just be sure to use the smaller chips and coat them in flour so they don't all sink to the bottom icon_smile.gif

if you're not opposed to using jello there are quite a few threads on cc that have recommendations for strawberry jello cakes. the one that kept coming up when i was researching what strawberry cake to use was paula deen's (recipe was on foodnetwork site).

diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%