It's Early But I'm Too Excited To Care!!

Lounge By emrldsky Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 2:21pm by mamawrobin

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 21

DH and I are expecting!! icon_biggrin.gif We just found out I'm pregnant last Friday, and we've told all of those close to us and I just have to keep telling people.

We are so excited! We've been talking about starting our family for several months now, and just started trying recently.

I'm only on my 5th week (4 weeks and 4 days along), but I do have symptoms and several (ok, 5) tests came back immediately positive. icon_smile.gif

My first prenatal appointment is September 7, and my est. due date is April 7.

I know a lot of people wait until they are further along, but I can't keep news like this to myself. icon_smile.gif

20 replies
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 21

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 21

CONGRATULATIONS
and big hugs

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 21

Congratulations!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 21

Exciting news! Best wishes to all three of you.

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:50pm
post #6 of 21

yay!!!! It's such an awesome time! Before my father passed he told us that he never knew pure love until he had his children. It's so true. I love my children more than life itself and it's a wonderful thing when someone get's to experience it too.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 21

Congrats and good vibes for an easy pregnancy!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:01pm
post #8 of 21

Congrats!!!!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:55pm
post #9 of 21

Congratulations and best wishes!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:13am
post #10 of 21

Conratulations mommy!!

emrldsky Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:32am
post #11 of 21

Thanks everyone!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:53am
post #12 of 21

Congratulations!! I always LOVED being pregnant! icon_smile.gif (never was sick or felt bad, I enjoyed every minute of it)

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:42pm
post #13 of 21

Congrats!!!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 7:13pm
post #14 of 21

That's wonderful news! And I know there are some other people doing the happy dance too.. and that's the grandmas and grandpas to be! (speaking as a grandma to 1 beautiful little girl!!)

emrldsky Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 1:44am
post #15 of 21

Thanks!!!

Yeah, my parents and DH's parents are all really excited, not to mention our siblings. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm the baby and only girl, so even though my brothers both have children, my mom is over the moon because her "little girl" is going to have a baby. I imagine it's a much different experience when your daughter is pregnant than it is when its your son.

I'm having no problem at all eating all the good, healthy things I need to be. I was low-carbing for a long time so many of the "do not eat much, if at all" foods are now necessities (milk, yogurt, etc.). I've been filling my days with fruits, veggies, etc. and I'm not even craving candy or sweets. I'm not sure if it's all in my head or if I'm really just craving healthier foods (my mom swore that she only craved fruits and veggies when she was pregnant with me).

I've also purchased "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and for fun, Jenny McCarthy's book "Belly Laughs." I'm also getting the whattoexpect.com newsletter via email. icon_biggrin.gif

I am sooo ready for this baby.

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 2:47am
post #16 of 21

Both of those books were great. When I became pregnant with my daughter Ava I went out and bought a journal and I started from the day I found out I was pregnant and I'm still keeping a journal for her. I also started one for my baby boy.

I write about milestones, our homes, and funny things they do and say. My mom did it for me and I love reading it now.

Also, Baby Center is a great website to get emails from. They continue after you have the baby as well.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:07am
post #17 of 21

Our daughter was the one who has blessed us! I was the first one (besides her hubby) to see the baby and hold her. I'm only slightly very slighty ashamed to say I was smirking for days, weeks..oh heck I'm still smirking and she just turned one.. that the other grandma got seconds on it all! Just so proud!!

Seeing your daughter with her daughter is an experience I can't even put into words.

BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:00pm
post #18 of 21

Congrats!

I HIGHLY recommened visiting the forums at Mothering.com

So much information!

It is EXACTLY like Cakecentral forums, but for momma's! I'd be lost without mothering!

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 5:29am
post #19 of 21

CONGRATS! I am sending happy, no morning sickness, skinny ankles and easy labor thoughts your way!! Also, a book that I LOVED when I was pregnant was The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. SO funny. And true icon_smile.gif All the things no one but your best friends will tell you icon_wink.gif

Congrats again!

emrldsky Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 12:47pm
post #20 of 21

Thanks again all! Chelseak, I'll have to take a look at that book. I did enjoy Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:21pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Seeing your daughter with her daughter is an experience I can't even put into words.

I agree 100%. There's just nothing quite like it is there? icon_biggrin.gif My granddaughter will be 14 months old on Friday 13th. What a blessing she is!

To the op...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%