Cake With Strawberry Filling

Decorating By iwantalicakes Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 7:02pm by iwantalicakes

iwantalicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iwantalicakes Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake with BC icing and straberry filling. I made the filling by boiling cornstarch, sugar, lemonjuice, and water then adding the strawberries (the wilton recipe) I don't want to put the BC iced cake in the refrigerator because I have donw that in the past and my BC completely fell off the cake. But I am concerened about not refrigerating the cake bc of the filling. What do I do? The BC recipe I used this time contains butter, will be ok to put in the fridge this time?

4 replies
erincc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erincc Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 5

You don't need to refrigerate that kind of filling. But if your BC contains butter, it will probably be fine in the fridge so I'm sure either way would be fine.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 5

i fridge anything i make with fruit in it because i believe/worry the fruit can go bad (sleeved fillings are fine unrefridgerated).

i made that wilton filling recipe and used smbc which is pretty much butter, butter, butter and had no problem. i used a fairly good sized dam around the filling. i frirdged and was fine.

diane

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 5

I always refrigerate my cakes. I use hi ratio shortening and butter and have never had my frosting slide off. It actually firms things up.

iwantalicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iwantalicakes Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 5

Well I made the cake for my friend and asked her how the filling was bc I didn't refrigerate it and she said it was great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%