"oh We Are Just Going To Freeze It"

Decorating By sweettooth88 Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 12:43am by JulieMN

sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 6

WHAT?????

I called my customer this morning to confirm the time i need to drop off my cake this afternoon and she tells me "oh he isnt here today, so bring it when you want and i will go home and freeze it."

OK...This cake is for a huge office party and everyone has been saying that I am making the cake, they all know my family. Anyway i have a problem with them freezing my cake, what if it doesnt taste the same? Are they freezing it for a day or a month? What do i do? just drop it off and forget it?

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 6

yes, you just drop it off and forget it.

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 6

I've had to freeze fully decorated cakes for this reason. As long as they wrap it VERY WELL to protect from freezer burn it really shouldn't affect the taste.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 6

You might mention that, besides wrapping it very well (no leaks for air to get in!), they should let it thaw in the wrapping so that the condensation accumulates on the wrapping, not on the cake. And then go home and think about something else entirely.

sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:24pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks ladies.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:43am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

yes, you just drop it off and forget it.

Yep....it just happens to be that they told you what they were going to do.....could very easily have happened without your knowledge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%