Need Baby Shower Idea! Asap!!! Help Please!!

Decorating By tuamor1628 Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 8:23am by Bakingangel

tuamor1628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tuamor1628 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 15

I was wondering if anyone had a picture of a tier cake that they made for a babyshower....specifically a topsy turvy cake (if you have one), but any tier cake will do. I really need some ideas for decorations on the cake. Please respond ASAP! BABYSHOWER IS AUGUST 6TH!!

14 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 15

did you take a look through the Baby Shower gallery? There are quite a few tiered cakes in there. But really if you find a design you like on a one tier cake then you can always do the same design on all tiers or seperate some of the details.

Do you know if it's a boy or girl? or a surprise? Any theme to the shower?

Aeropanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeropanda Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 15

I agree with leily. Check the galleries. Also, I have one coming up on Aug. 21st, and am planning on drawing from the bedding that the couple has chosen for the baby's room for the cake design. HTH!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 15

I have 2 baby shower cakes in my photos. We made fondant toys and teething rings for the top. Hope these help. None of them was hard to do. In fact, we made the stacking rings so that the rings could actually be taken off and put back on.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 15

here are a couple of tiered cakes that were just uploaded in the last 24 hrs
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1758069
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1757920

I also did a search of the Baby Shower Gallery for "turvy" and got 3 pages of results. I'm sure these aren't all of the topsy turvy ones in the baby shower gallery (they're just the ones that put it in their key words) but it narrowed down 1200 pages down to 3 to start with.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=turvy&album=12&search_user=

tuamor1628 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 15

Its a girl, and the theme is Candyland...I've been trying to find a 3 tier cake...topsy tuvry is what I'm aiming for...I've looked through the gallery but nothing has really caught my eye on that "AMAZING! WOW!" level.

teresa61625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teresa61625 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 15

I have only made a few cakes and don't even have pictures up yet, but what helps me is deciding colors first, then start a sketch of how many tiers then I like to put on the main stuff like lettering or something and then fill in with the decorations...I just did a two tier baby shower cake for a girl, I made a tiara and a string of pearls for the top and made the baby shoes and put a big bow with little flowers around it everywhere.. it was cute.

tuamor1628 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:39pm
post #8 of 15

I really like some of the cakes that are in the gallery but they don't follow the theme...thats the only problem.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:39pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuamor1628

Its a girl, and the theme is Candyland...I've been trying to find a 3 tier cake...topsy tuvry is what I'm aiming for...I've looked through the gallery but nothing has really caught my eye on that "AMAZING! WOW!" level.

As soon as you said "girl" and "candyland", I rushed to to the photos I have saved in my favorites. I adore this cake made by CakeMommyTX. I would LOVE to have an excuse to try to make this cake. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1638867

tuamor1628 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:45pm
post #10 of 15

OH WOW!!!! I have to say this is an AMAZING CAKE! I wonder if i can convert the idea over to a topsy turvy cake?!?! hmm...maybe I'll do just that. But thank you soooo much! This cake is most definately at the top of my list! I'm still going to wait for any others out there...but once again, thank you sooo much! If you come across any others please post them!...I really want her to see the cake and be in shock!...The babyshower is a surprise in and of itself so...I really want the cake to be the best part of the surprise.

tuamor1628 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:00pm
post #11 of 15

I also know that I'm probably going to have to do another baby shower cake because one of my friends is having a baby as well...this cake is like my audition (I guess you can say)...so please throw out any ideas you feel would help...I don't know if its a boy or girl yet( For my friends baby), so just include both. Thanks guys so much! You really know how to search your way around and find the perfect things!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:01pm
post #12 of 15

Here's one that looks topsy turvy:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1533533.html

This is one that has a cute design...not tiered but the elements could be used:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1617915

This one's topsy turvy and has a candyland look to it:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1563747

hth!

tuamor1628 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:15pm
post #13 of 15

thanks! I really liked the Candyland one...Love the colors!! This is at the top of my list as well! Anyone have any boys themed cakes? something to do with baseball...the mommy and daddy love baseball (yanks and mets)--->this would be for my friends cake.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:23am
post #14 of 15

Just do what we did and type in your request in the CC search engine...you'll find lots of great ideas. Good luck!

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:23am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuamor1628

I also know that I'm probably going to have to do another baby shower cake because one of my friends is having a baby as well...this cake is like my audition (I guess you can say)...so please throw out any ideas you feel would help...I don't know if its a boy or girl yet( For my friends baby), so just include both. Thanks guys so much! You really know how to search your way around and find the perfect things!

I admire your enthusiasm, but have you every made a topsy turvy cake? If you don't have much experience it could be very exasperating for you. I know how much this cake means to you and just don't want there to be last minute suprises. There are a couple You Tube tutorials on TT cakes you can watch. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%