Piping Scrollwork

Decorating By judyj2 Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 12:37am by judyj2

judyj2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judyj2 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone. I have a wedding cake to do that requires some scrollwork piped on the sides of the tiers. Lets say piping is not my thing. Is royal icing with glycerin the perferred icing to use for this type of work or is buttercream just as good? Also how do you trace the scrollwork templates onto the cake? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 3

I tried the tracing thing and I struggle with not precise lines (too shaky) I do better free hand I just did one this weekend. I'll post later, it's still not my strong point, but is getting better. I use buttercream thinned with white syrup. The Karo kind. Good luck!! Do work free hand and practice.

judyj2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judyj2 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:37am
post #3 of 3

Thanks, I will try both ideas. I guess it is really just practice. I will also try you tube.

Quote by @%username% on %date%