Chelsea Clinton's Wedding Cake

Lounge By cakesbyperla Updated 8 Aug 2010 , 2:02am by Karen421

cakesbyperla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyperla Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 11:38am
post #1 of 55

This is a random thought as I take a break at 4am finishing up a Toy Story cake and drinking a giant slurpee! icon_redface.gif

Has anyone heard any ideas of what the first daughter's cake will look like or who is making it? I've heard a lot about her dress but the decorator in me wants to know about the cake! icon_biggrin.gif

54 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 11:50am
post #2 of 55

All I have heard is that it will be gluten free.

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 55

Someone in this thread says Ron Ben Isreal is making it. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6895853.html

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 55

Everything I've read indicates the whole wedding is under super hush-hush security. I'm betting we wont' know until after the wedding. And with the way most photo's run on celebrity weddings, they might MAYBE think of taking a pic of the cake. icon_cry.gif

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 55

Yeah, I heard on the news this week that the guests had to sign a confidentiality agreement; maybe the family will release some pictures to the media in the near future.

LOL, I still haven't gotten over my disappointment with Princess Diana's dress; I hope Chelsea's designers had better taste! icon_confused.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 55

I read that it cost $11,000. Nice!

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 55

geez! I wonder who's making it!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

I read that it cost $11,000. Nice!

I read that too! I'm guessing along the lines of Ron Ben-Israel or Sylvia Weinstock at that price....or maybe Sam Godfrey! Can't wait to see pics!

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 55

I am two towns (14 miles) north of the village of Rhinebeck....oh what headaches there have been since yesterday!!!

From what we are hearing up here, it's between BabyCakes NYC and Lulu's Cake Boutique in Scarsdale, NY (that is over an hour's drive from the wedding venue).

indydebi Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:55pm
post #10 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2wheels

I am two towns (14 miles) north of the village of Rhinebeck....oh what headaches there have been since yesterday!!!

omg, i can only pretend to imagine! icon_eek.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:02pm
post #11 of 55

I'm alittle farther north then q2wheels and thats about all you hear on the news. (about 1/2 hr away) Last night they had pictures of pres clinton walking the streets in rhinebeck when he was out and about for lunch.

they also, said there is a no fly zone over rhinebeck for today. I do wonder if Amtrak trains are suspended(train tracks run all along the hudson on this side of the river) as there is rumor that river traffic is being held off too.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 7:46pm
post #12 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

I'm alittle farther north then q2wheels

Where are you Peg? BTW, my daughter is also a Peg icon_smile.gif

Quote:

they also, said there is a no fly zone over rhinebeck for today. I do wonder if Amtrak trains are suspended(train tracks run all along the hudson on this side of the river) as there is rumor that river traffic is being held off too.

As of this morning's news, they are not shutting down the River traffic nor Amtrak.

My son's driver's ed teacher took them down to the Village yesterday, thought it would be a good idea if the kid's experienced major traffic congestion!! He said it was a zoo!

And there were sightings of Oprah at the local ice cream store.

I really can't wait til this is all over!!!

Toni Ann

peg818 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 9:14pm
post #13 of 55

I'm in Hudson.

And i'm sure town is a zoo down there. I know i'm tired of hearing it all, and just would like to see the cake.

Really hope the two of them have a happy life together.

The amount of money they have spent on this event, i do think is obscene. It goes to show how out of touch our politians are with the general public. Because noway can you know what it is like to live paycheck to paycheck (like most of the
Americans i know) and shell out that kind of money on any event.

BTW: I really want to know what $15,000 in porta potties look like, I'm sure they aren't the ones we are using when we go to the fair icon_smile.gif

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 9:30pm
post #14 of 55

I heard she got the dress at Vera Wang. They have a pic of Chelsea going into the shop for final fitting last week.

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 2:55am
post #15 of 55
Quote:

BTW: I really want to know what $15,000 in porta potties look like, I'm sure they aren't the ones we are using when we go to the fair icon_smile.gif

I heard on the news the other night that they're porcelain. I laughed out loud...I was wondering how Barbara Streisand was going to bring herself to use a porta-potty!

You all in the area have our sympathy; I can't even imagine what a circus it has been. icon_confused.gif

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 3:17am
post #16 of 55

Just saw some pictures of the wedding on the internet. Chelsea looked beautiful. I hope they have a long happy marriage.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 3:18am
post #17 of 55

Well, I just saw pics of the wedding on msn but sadly no pics of the cake! Hopefully there will be more pics later.

ArtsyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtsyLady Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 3:46am
post #18 of 55

I read that La Tulipe Desserts made the cake but I haven't seen any pictures.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:08am
post #19 of 55

I thought LuLu's Bakery in Scarsdale made the cake.

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:13am
post #20 of 55

I live nearby too, and have been staying as far away from that area as possible! We went to Lake Taghkanic for the day, and had to drive out of the way just to avoid Rhinebeck alltogether!

Do hope to see pictures of that cake though! I even said to my son the other day, " Boy, I would have like to have gotten THAT wedding cake order!

For you other locals, we have a cakae decorators meet up group here if your interested, PM me!

Debbie

ArtsyLady Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:23am
post #21 of 55

Here's the article I read that said La Tulipe made the cake:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/nyregion/01chelsea.html?_r=1&src=me

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:37am
post #22 of 55

Odd how we can find all kinds of pics of the wedding but not of the cake. The reception is prob still going on.... I just did a search and I'm sure we've not seen cell phone pics is the guests prob had to sign confidentiality agreements... We may just have to wait for authorized pics.

Sandy

indydebi Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:46am
post #23 of 55

HEre's a crummy $1500 porta-potty that a bride of mine used at an outdoor wedding about 3-4 years ago. Air conditioned, roses, one door to enter thru; a different door to exit. 4 stalls, 3 sinks. I was in AWE!!!!

Can't even begin to imagine a $15,000 one! icon_eek.gif
LL

ArtsyLady Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 6:04am
post #24 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

HEre's a crummy $1500 porta-potty that a bride of mine used at an outdoor wedding about 3-4 years ago. Air conditioned, roses, one door to enter thru; a different door to exit. 4 stalls, 3 sinks. I was in AWE!!!!

Can't even begin to imagine a $15,000 one! icon_eek.gif

Here's a picture I got from a UK article on the Clinton wedding. I'm not sure if these are the ones she used or if this was just an example of what she might use.

[/img]
LL

peg818 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:44pm
post #25 of 55

Wow didn't know porta potties could look like that!!

Sadly just went through 115 pictures online and not one of the cake, not one of the reception at all.

So here to holding out hope to see it. The bride looked fantastic in her gown and very very happy as every bride should.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 1:27am
post #26 of 55

Wow...that totally redefines porta-potty for me.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 2:06am
post #27 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Wow...that totally redefines porta-potty for me.

yep....definitely not what we see around here...

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:39am
post #28 of 55

I'm just happy when there's one with a hand washing station outside. icon_biggrin.gif

Maluisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maluisa Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:12pm
post #29 of 55

It is really funny how we all turn into "paparazzi". We share anything we can our hands on. We are so desperate for a look at the cake, but since that is not happening, we settle for the toilet. lol

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:26pm
post #30 of 55

I read the cake is vegan and glutten free.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%