Marble Effect In Fondant

Decorating By bluejeannes Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 9:16pm by multilayered

bluejeannes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluejeannes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:36am
post #1 of 8

Im making a fishing themed cake and I want to make some rocks (with fondant) around the bottom and on top of the cake. I want a marbled effect in light gray and darker gray...how would I do this? (Im thinking I would just smoosh the two colours together and roll little rocks, but is there more to it?) It can't be that simple can it? Then I want a marbled effect for the water part of the fondant as well (in two colours of blue). This one will be to cover the cake...how would I do that?!

7 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:50am
post #2 of 8

For rocks the best way is to use straight color in the white fondant or light grey or tan fondant. Just don't blend it all the way. I like to stretch it a little, fold it over, stretch a bit, fold, stretch, fold, this way you will create marbling. Then roll into uneven balls. Use black, brown and maybe in some-both.

Sandy

bluejeannes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 8

thanks for the advice!

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 8

What works for me is take some white fondant and some gray fondant roll each into a "snake" shape then loosely twist them together. Then roll out or knead by hand it gives a really nice marbling effect.

gscout73 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 8

Don't forget to post a pic so we can see how they turned out.

Sandy

bluejeannes Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 8

I can't wait to try it now! I won't be making it till Saturday so I have to wait (I always get excited to make a cake and just want all the prep work...baking the cakes, making the fondant...etc. to be done and get with the decorating!)
Thanks for the ideas

gscout73 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 11:04pm
post #7 of 8

Multilayered, your cakes are amazing.. I am blown away by your guitar and sneaker cakes. Wow. icon_surprised.gif

Sandy

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscout73

Multilayered, your cakes are amazing.. I am blown away by your guitar and sneaker cakes. Wow. icon_surprised.gif

Sandy

Thank you so much Sandy that's very nice to hear. I had a great time making themicon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%