Help With First Fondant Figure!

Decorating By sameera1990 Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 8:17pm by Price

sameera1990 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sameera1990 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 7

hello!
today I plan on attempting to make my first fondant figure
(a little girl in a dress, to sit on top of a cupcake)
I was wondering if any one had any tips or knew of any helpful tutorials/vids.
thank youu!

6 replies
jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 7:53am
post #2 of 7

Ainee2 (Lorraine McKay) has great online tutorials you can buy for modelling people, excellent

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 8:02am
post #3 of 7

Definatley look up aine2s tutorials, They ARE fantastic, she does some of the most amazing figurine work ive seen! And also, Play, Practise and have fun!!! thats the best way to learn in my opinion icon_biggrin.gif

sameera1990 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sameera1990 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 7

thanks!! icon_smile.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 7

I also agree, Aine2 tutorials are great. I also got a lot of help from polymer clay books when I first started modeling.

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 7

Youtube has tons. I am sure Aine2's are great, but why pay when there a great free ones?

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 7

Tips: Add a little tylose powder to your fondant. It will make it easier to work with and it will dry a little faster for you.

You can also add a little tylose to warm water and use it as edible glue to hold you pieces together. Some people prefer to melt a little gumpaste in water to make their glue.

Use either spagetti or a toothpick to push down thru the torso, leave it sticking out at the neck to help connect the head to the body and give it support.

Pretty much everything starts from making a ball with the fondant first and then make you shape from that. Coat you hands with just a little crisco to help get you fondant smooth when you roll it.

Have fun with it and be sure to post your picture of us to see!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%