Cricut Cake Love

Decorating By AXOCutie143 Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 1:21am by AXOCutie143

AXOCutie143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AXOCutie143 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 8:32pm
post #1 of 4

I can't find the original "Cricut Cake success" thread but I just wanted to share my newest creation using my Cricut Cake...I absolutely LOVE this machine! I needed somewhere to gush about how adorable these cookies came out and I figured this would be the best place icon_smile.gif

I made these for a friend who runs a store on Etsy specializing in damask wedding items...she LOVED them.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1754478

3 replies
FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 4

Very Nice! Looks very Martha Stewartish! hehehe

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 4

Nice job icon_smile.gif How thin did you roll the cookie dough? And did you freeze it before/after cutting?

AXOCutie143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AXOCutie143 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:21am
post #4 of 4

I rolled the cookie dough pretty thin. This was the hardest part, because it had to be thin enough to fit under the rollers. I didn't measure the exact thickness of the cookie, or I'd gladly tell you icon_sad.gif

Yes, you HAVE to freeze the dough before you cut. The second it starts to thaw, your cuts will turn out horrible. I would throw the mats in the freezer, get my Cake set up and ready to go, and then take them out of the freezer and IMMEDIATELY cut. I also froze them again to get the cookies off the mat without them spreading or breaking. That method worked surprisingly well, I didn't have any casualties icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%