The Best Airbrush

Decorating By ChefKristi Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 8:55pm by Kiddiekakes

ChefKristi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefKristi Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! I am thinking about getting an airbrush to use on my cakes. I don't have a business yet, but I am currently doing cakes for family and friends, and I would like to start a business soon (I hope). Can anyone give me advice on the best airbrush to get for the best value. I would like to get one cheap, but I don't want to sacrifice quality. Also, cost and quality of the color refills would be part of my decision as well. Thank you icon_smile.gif

2 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 3

Get a gravity fed brush, in other words, the color comes down into the brush.

Before you buy expensive. The brushes aren't the big expense. You need a good compressor. Make sure you can adjust it. Learning, get yourself a cheap thing and learn how to use it.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 3

Airbrushing takes a long time and alot of practice to get the feel right.It isn't an easy piece of equipment to master.I have had mine for 7 years and use it for almost every cake but I still have some days my airbrushing sucks!! Buy a cheaper one and practice first before you invest in a better model.It's kinda like the Cricut craze....You get frustrated with it and may just say forget it...that's what I did with the cricut...sold it after 1 month...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%