Leah ...guess What?!

Decorating By auntbeesbaking Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 5:19am by lilthorner

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif Leah, I'M GETTING A SPS!

Hopefully it will be hear for my son's wedding cake next week!! We got some unexpected money and that was first on my list!! And, since I already got an AGBAY on eBay awhile ago, the only other dream item I wish for (other than a bigger house than 650 sq. ft which has a teeny tiny kitchen!) is a counter top dough sheeter! (I rolled out 4 doz. cinnamon rolls last pm and my rotator cuff is flaring up today. icon_sad.gif

The cake is odd sizes by the way, 6", 9", 12" and 16"

I'm getting excited now! icon_lol.gif

9 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 10

Woo-Hoo!

OK, now you know this is a disposable thing, right? If you get it back, in reality you can reuse the plates, but the legs might come back cracked. If the legs come back in good shape, just sanitize and reuse.

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Woo-Hoo!

OK, now you know this is a disposable thing, right? If you get it back, in reality you can reuse the plates, but the legs might come back cracked. If the legs come back in good shape, just sanitize and reuse.

I didn't know it was disposable but I did order 2 sets of legs just in case something happened to them.

luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscakes Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 10

Yay! you are going to love this system. I can see why Leah spreads the word. I started using them last year and LOVE, LOVE them- amazing! Sturdy, straight, and SO nice to be able to fully decorate a cake and not have to spend time putting it together one site.
Thanks Leah!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 10

Is the SPS the same thing as the coastal plates and legs? I think their also called Bakers something or another?

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 12:19am
post #6 of 10

I love sps. I just did a 3 tiered wedding cake for tomorrow, and used sps. My car is in the shop, so I don't have a way to deliver the cake. She is picking it up in the morning, and i'm so scared. I don't like people delivering their own cakes, had too many accidents, when I don't deliver. Of course I didn't use the sps on those cakes. So i'm a little more confident since I started using the sps, it feels so sturdy, never make a cake without it anymore.

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 2:33am
post #7 of 10

I got SPS too based on Leah's advice and am trying it out tomorrow on my birthday cake. Actually I have everything all together, i just need to put the top tier on tomorrow before I go since I don't have room in my fridge for a stacked cake.

So far so good. I am doing a wedding cake in September (4 tiers) that I plan on using it for icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:05am
post #8 of 10

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:28am
post #9 of 10

SPS is made by BakeryCrafts. I've seen pictures of the Coastal product and it looks similar, but I haven't used it, so I can't say for certain.

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 5:19am
post #10 of 10

I have used coast and SPS .. coast doesn't have the lil peg in the middle, so you may need something like carpet tape or duct tape

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%