Shelf Stable White Chocolate Mousse

Decorating By twh2006 Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 2:56am by BlakesCakes

twh2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twh2006 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 3

I need a recipe, someone posted one the other day with white chocolate pudding mix and bettercreme. Could someone give me a new one or that one again?

2 replies
emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know about that recipe, but what I do is use Whip 'n' Ice (you could just as easily use bettercream) and whip it. Then I take a small amount of the still-liquid whip 'n'ice, and a add a couple of teaspoons of white chocolate emulsion (or Torani's white chocolate syrup), and a box of instant pudding, mixing well (and quickly!), and then incorporate it all into the whipped bettercream. Works like a charm! Shelf stable, tasty, no greasy feel.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 2:56am
post #3 of 3

I take white chocolate instant pudding mix (NOT sugar free) and make a thin paste with it using hot water.
I beat vanilla Bettercreme to soft peaks, take some of that, use it to thin the pudding paste, then put it all back with the rest of the beaten Bettercreme and beat for about 30 seconds to incorporate.
I have chocolate extract, so I sometimes add a tsp. or 2 of that--it doesn't change the color. Shelf stable for at least 5 days stored below 80 degrees.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%