Silly Bandz - Anyone Have Any Ideas

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 12:31pm by angelcakes5

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 7

My niece has requested a silly bandz cake for her bday this year. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much!

6 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 7

?Surround a round tier with replications of silly bandz, making sure you show each with a different shape - using her favorites? Then maybe a few on top, laying on there like they were just taken off and put on her dresser.

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 7

You could do whatever shape she wants, ice it white, and do a band of fondant around it...maybe you could also do the outline of some other shapes in fondant to place on the cake?

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 7

I think I would use TNTFundraiser's idea. Pipe silly band shapes with royal icing and place on the cake. I got my niece some for her birthday hope she likes them.

angelcakes5 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 7

Thaks everyone. I am thinking of piping some shapes out on the sides in all different colors. I think I may do a 2 tiered cake then maybe roll out some balls in different color fondant to be the border for each cake and then maybe some on wire to stick out the top. I think it will look good with the bright colors. And of course will have to buy some bands for the bday girl. icon_smile.gif Thanks again!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:28am
post #6 of 7

For the shapes all you need are cookie cutters to make the outline impressions, then pipe over with bright colors. These would look great around the sides.

Sandy

angelcakes5 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:31pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Sandy thats a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%