Adding Banana To Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Baking By MariaK38 Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 2:06pm by kileyscakes

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:11am
post #1 of 7

Hi, I'd like to make some peanut butter banana cupcakes. I found a recipe for pb cupcakes using a yellow cake mix, etc. that I found in the cake doctor cupcake book that I'm changing a little bit, and I'd like to add some mashed banana to it. Should I alter the other ingredients to allow for the banana, or just add it, maybe 3/4 to 1 cup. I want it to be moist but not too moist... I want the cupcake papers to stay on!

Here's the recipe...
yellow cake mix
1 1/3 c water
1/3 cup chunky pb (I'm using smooth instead)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

I'm topping it with peanut butter buttercream.

Thanks for your help!

Maria

6 replies
MariaK38 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 7

anyone?

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 7

I am not a pro but I would maybe cut back on the water and the oil. I would use 1 cup of water and maybe 1/4 cup of oil if it were me.

MariaK38 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 7

thank you!

kileyscakes Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 7

If you end up making them post your results here, I might just have to try that recipe!!
sounds good!

MariaK38 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 7

hi kileyscakes... the cupcakes turned out great! I thought it was an odd combination, but it worked well! I didn't get a close up picture because my relatives were grabbing them as soon as I put them on the stand... oh well! Anyway, I used the cupcake recipe I already posted, except for 1/4 cup oil, 1 cup water, and I added about 3/4 cup mashed banana. They were very moist without being "wet." I used indydebi's buttercream recipe and just added peanut butter to taste, excellent! On top I put a drizzle of maple syrup, some Hormel bacon pieces and a few banana chips. Like I said, odd combination, but it worked! Although a couple people said it needed some chocolate!
Here's a couple of pics... my camera's on the fritz, so the top halves are blurry.
Thanks for your help!
Bye! Maria
LL
LL

kileyscakes Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 2:06pm
post #7 of 7

That is awesome I will have to try this recipe!! thanks for posting the results!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%