Kroger Now Sells The Unflavored Jello Mix!!

Decorating By tesso Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 2:30am by karabeal

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:02am
post #1 of 4

Went to kroger yesterday, and was so shocked to see that they now carry unflavored jello mix. I dont have to order from NY anymore!! yeah !!!

I brought a few boxes and cant wait to try it in my Jello MMF.

I was just so excited! Just wanted to share the info with those who were wanting to try it in MMF, but couldnt find it.

Kroger will even special order it, at no extra cost, if they dont have it on hand !! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:05am
post #2 of 4

I can picture Jello (sweetened and flavored). I can picture Knox (unflavored and blech tasting). But I can't picture Jello unflavored. Is it still sweet? Or is it like Knox?

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:19am
post #3 of 4

It is like knox, but is more powdery. I have tried knox many times and could never get it to dissolve all the way.

This one dissolved in less than 1 minute!!! Which means I can add it directly to my hot marshmallow mixture and have it dissolve by the time I am done stirring it.

Usually I use this brand.. http://www.aviglatt.com/Product_3892.html but I have noticed that it makes the fondant almost too sweet (my guinea pigs have told me this too) since it is sweetened with splenda.

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:30am
post #4 of 4

Fascinating! I'll have to keep my eyes open at my Kroger affiliate (QFC). I bet it would make good marshmallows, too. Yum!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%