Ganache Under Fondant I Am In Love!

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 2:48am by mama_amy

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 1:03am
post #1 of 8

Tonight for the first time I used ganache under my fondant. I have never been more pleased with smoothness of a cake. My daughter actually said is that a real cake. It was so easy and just makes such a difference. I dont know if I can use it on all my cakes due to the price but for cakes that really dont have alot of decorations to hide the imperfections i am going to use it for sure.

It was also my first attempt at quilting and I am alse proud of that.

The photos are in my album the cake with the pink roses.

7 replies
krazyb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazyb5 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 1:18am
post #2 of 8

what type of ganache did u used? and did u put any bc under?

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 1:20am
post #3 of 8

I didnt know if you could put Ganache under fondant ....good to know icon_smile.gif I took a look at your cake it is pretty awesome icon_smile.gif

butterfly23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly23 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:00am
post #4 of 8

OMG is a beutiful cake, love the quilting and the roses, can u share the ganach recepie?

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:04am
post #5 of 8

Below is the link all about it. Grab some coffee it is 30 + pages but it is such good info.

I made white chocolate and the ratio is 3 parts white choc to 1 part heavy cream(dark chocolate is 2:1) . Heat the milk and then stir in the chocolate. I mixed it in a bowl for a few and then into my kitchen aid it went. I let it sit for 24 hrs and just used it like buttercream. What is great about it is once it is set you can use a spatula or bench scrapper dipped in hot water and then dried. It melted the ganache so you can smooth it. I was very pleased. My only concerns tomorrow will be the heat so I will update that tomorrow.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-633264-ganache.html

iris711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris711 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:21am
post #6 of 8

saw the photo, great job!!! I recently tried quilting, not perfect but will continue to practice. thanks for the info. thumbs_up.gif

krazyb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazyb5 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:36am
post #7 of 8

the cake looks very pretty, thanks for sharing

mama_amy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama_amy Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:48am
post #8 of 8

Very pretty cake. I have used ganache under fondant before and love the results and ease.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%