Request For A White Cake With A Nutty Flavor Called Princess

Baking By TotallyBaked Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 7:13pm by blessedist

TotallyBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TotallyBaked Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 6

A dear friend of mine will be married in November and she's asked me to do her wedding cake. She recently went to a bridal convention and tasted a cake called 'Princess'. She described it as a white cake with a nutty flavor to it. I had her try WASC and she said that wasn't it. Any ideas as to what she could be referring to? Thanks so much!

5 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 6

It's a bakery emulsion (concentrate) that's made by Lorann, called Princess cake and cookie. It comes in a 4 fl. oz. bottle. I got mine at Michael's and paid around $5.00. It adds a creamy rich bouquet and a light nutty taste to cakes, cookies, pastries and frostings.

etr2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
etr2002 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 6

You can also find it at Hobby Lobby. I've looked at the flavorings before. How much do you add to the batter?

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 6

The instructions state that 1 tsp emulsion=1 tsp extract as a substitution. You would use slightly less for recipes that don't require baking such as frostings, and also suggest add to taste. It has a very unique/elegant taste that I think has a slight hint of citrus. It is delicious added to WASC cake.

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2002

You can also find it at Hobby Lobby. I've looked at the flavorings before. How much do you add to the batter?

I just picked some up at a local shop on the weekend. Was told 1 tsp princess cake emulsion in place of 1 tsp vanilla.

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 6

Where I live, I only see the Princess @ Hobby Lobby. Make sure tyou have your coupon! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%