Some Product Questions

Decorating By Writecakes Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 3:11pm by LisaMarie86

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
6 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 7

I really don't think I would buy any of them. The cake server is cute but small and would not hold much. The cupcake baker seems senseless and the cups to bake in, well you can get cups that are oven safe, many with decorations on them, to bake your own recipe in. These are just my opinions and I speak from experience, I used to purchase gadjets and found they were useless.
evelyn

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 7

I was thinking the same thing about the cupcake maker, but it apparently is getting rave reviews. ?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 7

I wouldn't use the cupcake baker thing. Because by the time you did several batchs (who really only makes 7 cupcakes) you could have just stuck several pans in the oven and baked all at once.

The cake stand is cute and if you collected them, then it would be a nice addition. But if you are looking for a practical to use stand, I think it will be limited, size wise but also theme. It would make a great dessert cake stand, one you didn't decorate, but if you did a decorated cake, you'd have to match it to the stand to really make sense.

As far as the cake in a cup, there was a recipe floating around at one time to make cakes in coffee cups in the microwave. Try this link for some recipes...

http://www.google.com/search?q=cake+in+a+cup+recipe&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=1I7ADRA_en

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 7

7 MINI cupcakes? Oh brother! icon_eek.gif I'll stuff 7 mini cupcakes in my face all at once just for a snack! icon_lol.gif Let's see ...... 7 mini cupcakes in this thing in 5 minutes .... or 24 mini cupcakes in a regular oven in 10 minutes (48 if you can get two 24-cavity pans in there!) Do the math ... regular oven wins by a mile! thumbs_up.gif

Personally, I think those painted ladies "cake stands" are ugly and can't really envision a practical use for them.

Cake in a Cup KIT? You need a KIT for these? You need a special MIX for these? icon_eek.gif I just took my cake batter and poured it in a cup and baked it! (then poured hot fudge over it, then topped it with merinque ... threw'em back in the oven to brown the merinque and it's chocolate-hog-heaven!) This one reminds me of the "new" cupcake cake mixes that showed up on the stores ..... half the mix at twice the price but they had women thinking you needed a "special" cake mix for cupcakes! dunce.gif

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 7

Ditto, ditto, ditto- sorry- save your money for some really good bakeware or tools!

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 7

Id say waste of money on all accounts. 7 cupcakes to do anything you would need to do several batches. I agree with IndyDebi those painted lady things are ugly. I don't see the attraction. And if it is oven safe you can throw cake mix in and make a cake in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%