Delivery Of A Tiered Cake Safely??

Decorating By camilarae Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 1:43pm by ddaigle

camilarae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camilarae Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 1:57am
post #1 of 15

I am doing research on a potential cake delivery method and wanted to poll all you cake decorators to see, if there was something out there that would help you deliver your tiered cakes safer than ever before, would you purchase it if the price was right? What would you pay for something that would offer you this type of security? Do you find that you have issues delivering your tiered cakes in your vehicles? Any positive or negative feedback would be greatly appreciated.

14 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 5:17am
post #2 of 15

If the price what right then yes. I like the idea of the cake safe but way to expensive for me.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 9:17am
post #3 of 15

I already use SPS. It's extremely safe, incredibly easy to use and very cheap. A box delivery system is also available to use with it if you prefer to box cakes for delivery.

cakesalone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalone Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:18am
post #4 of 15

I have found that for the most part, storage totes work well for maybe 2 tiers or a 3-d or stacked cake. I always deliver my sheet cakes in an underbed type storage tote. They are large enough and the size of a masonite board under the cake will usually hit the small "plastic boarders" around the corners of the lid to keep it from moving while in transport.
Now how to deliver a 3 tiered wedding cake?

cakesalone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalone Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:19am
post #5 of 15

I have found that for the most part, storage totes work well for maybe 2 tiers or a 3-d or stacked cake. I always deliver my sheet cakes in an underbed type storage tote. They are large enough and the size of a masonite board under the cake will usually hit the small "plastic boarders" around the corners of the lid to keep it from moving while in transport.
Now how to deliver a 3 tiered wedding cake?

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:48am
post #6 of 15

I love my cakestackers system it has reduced my stress level on deliveries and is rock solid

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:52am
post #7 of 15

I would like a rain proof box though. I Like the idea of the cake safe.... but cheaper and a version that would go with the cake stackers system. I want the rock solid support of the cake stacker in the cake after it is left at the venue, which the cake safe is not designed for. We have some nutty venues around here, the more security the better.

Rog2e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rog2e Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:07am
post #8 of 15

What is SPS?

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:10am
post #9 of 15

I have a system that works great....Cake Safe http://www.cakesafe.com/home/

I don't know of much that could be any better than these are!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:23am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog2e

What is SPS?

Read the blue folder "sticky" on the top page of this forum:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html

(single-plate separators)

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:56am
post #11 of 15

Yup, I just bought a Cake Safe this past June and am seriously sold by it. Tonight a game shows question was "what product does your wife love enough that she could be a spokesperson for it" and my dh yells out CakeSafe! LOL! He's right too. This past summer I had to transport a 5 tier and then a 3 tier and both were amazing..just put them in the safe, drive them to the location and remove it from the safe...DONE! Love it!

alemicayo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alemicayo Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 6:52am
post #12 of 15

I was taught to use plates and locking pillars... we deliver cakes up to 6 tiers already assembled and have never had a problem.

we did use a bit of memory foam under the main board for some shock absorption, though.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 12:51pm
post #13 of 15

of the various deliver tools I've seen so far on the market, I'm not impressed by any of them. Too much money for what is normally a "no problem" issue for me. If delivery was a heart-attack-inducing-situation every single time, I might consider one. But at this point, I see no need to spend a lot of money to "help" do something I've been doing just fine for years.

If I were to invest money in a delivery system, I'd just go with SPS. If leah recommends it, that's good enough for me.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:32pm
post #14 of 15

The SPS is a great system, but the cake safe allows me to use bubble tea straws and foamcore, (average savings of $15. per cake by not having to use) plus, it is an "insulated" carrier that not only keeps the cake clean - but looks very professional when you are delivering it too. They are pricey, but so was my Hobart, my convection oven and the agbay. There are just some things that if you have a business are nice to have, and this is one of them, IMO! icon_smile.gif

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:43pm
post #15 of 15

What would make my life easier is if the Louisiana roads were fixed! I feel like I'm in a stage coach sometimes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%