Question About Airbrushing...(0:

Decorating By DivaWeava Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 4:46am by Molly2

DivaWeava Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DivaWeava Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 1:23am
post #1 of 4

I am new to airbrushing. My airbrush is scheduled to arrive this week. I am wondering if you can tell me if it is best to color my fondant before airbrushing it, or will the airbrush colorant give enough color?

Thanks for your help! I am really excited to start using my airbrush! (0:

3 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 1:42am
post #2 of 4

i would like to know too! which airbrush did you get?

DivaWeava Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DivaWeava Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:13am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by metria

i would like to know too! which airbrush did you get?

This is a link to the page where I purchased my airbrush:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/airb9.aspx

I bought the one that is $350. It comes with 6 airbrushes, the airbrush holder (holds all 6), a compressor, 24 large bottles of Americolor airbrush colorant, and all the hoses.

I went to all of the local stores, and researched and compared prices. For the money, I think this one was the best deal. However, I am unsure if it is the best model for decorating cakes. We shall see in the very near future!

I can't wait to get it!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:46am
post #4 of 4

It Depends on the look you want I do both but when I precolor my fondant I usally just go over it with the sheen color like I made a pink purse cake I first colored my fondant pink then I went over it with the pink sheen but I also like to color my butter cream I like to airbrush a desert scene I start with yellow then orange and end with the color brown like my cowboy cake in my pics I hope this all makes since I guess I'm trying to tell you you can do it either way just play with your machine

Molly icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%